Coronavirus - how to travel?13 March 2020 Events and Discussions
We call on Bulgarian citizens to refrain from traveling abroad unless absolutely necessary.
For the attention of all compatriots who are abroad or planning a trip, we recommend:
- Follow the information, warnings and advice published by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- The information can also be found in the Situation Center Directorate and Travel-by-Country section.
- Follow the recommendations and instructions of the authorities in the country in which they are located.
- If in need of assistance, contact our 24/7 phones: +359 2 948 24 04 and our email [email protected]
As of 10th of October 2021 citizens the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and their family members arriving from EU, EEA, Switzerland and the United Kingdom will be allowed entry to the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria provided that they can show:
1. a valid COVID-19 Vaccination certificate or a valid COVID-19 Recovery certificate
2. negative result from a test conducted up to 72 hours before entering the country by the method of polymerase chain reaction for COVID-19 (PCR test), certified by a valid EU digital COVID certificate for testing or a similar document containing the same data as the EU digital COVID certificate for testing.
Additional information on the measures taken in Bulgaria can be found on the website of the Ministry of Health: https://www.mh.government.bg/en/
We urge our compatriots, who live permanently abroad, to show a high level of self-awareness and care for their loved ones, by rethinking a possible return to Bulgaria in the coming weeks on various occasions.