Instruments of the Development Co-operation Policy
Instruments of the Development Cooperation Policy
Multilateral instruments include:
- participation in the EU’s development policy;
- participation in universal development cooperation mechanisms through the United Nations system and other international organisations;
- voluntary contributions to the EU or international organisations listed in Annex 2 to the DAC Statistical Reporting Directives.
Regional and bilateral instruments for provision of development assistance include:
- in-kind assistance;
- financial grant assistance;
- external debt relief;
- development programmes and development projects including investments in or donation of movable property provided under these programmes and projects;
- sending experts and volunteers;
- sharing knowledge and experience;
- education on development matters and raising public awareness;
- provision of scholarships for study at Bulgarian higher education institutions;
- support for national, including Bulgarian, or international non-governmental organisations active in the sphere of development; etc.