Diplomatic missions



Australia and Oceania


North America

South America

Shengen Visa for individual tourists


List of supporting documents to be submitted by applicants travelling for the purpose of individual tourism

  • Application form

Completed application form signed by the traveler

  • Passport

The passport should be valid for at least 3 months after the intended date of departure , and should have at least two empty pages.

  • Photo

1 recent (taken within the last 6 months)  passport-size photo with a white background.

  • Travel medical insurance

Proof of travel medical insurance  valid throughout the territory of the Member States  and covering the entire period of stay applied for. The insurance shall cover outpatient, hospital and repatriation expenses due to illness or death, with an amount of not less than €30,000.

  • Proof of accommodation: for the whole duration of the intended stay.
  • Travel itinerary: documents providing clear evidences about the applicant’s travel itinerary (transportation booking, itinerary, etc.)
  • Chinese citizens:  copy of all pages of "Hukou" (no translation).
  • Proof of solvency of the applicant: bank statements from the last 3 months, no deposits account.
  • For employees:
  • a sealed copy of the business licence of the employing company
  • a letter from the employer (in English, or in Chinese with an English translation) on official company paper with stamp, signature, date and clearly mentioning:
    • address, telephone and fax numbers of the employing company
    • the name and position in the employing company of the countersigning officer
    • the name of the applicant, position, salary and years of service
    • approval for leave or absence


  • Flight reservation: round trip reservation
  • Minors (under 18 years of age): student card and original letter of the school, mentioning:
    • full address, telephone number of the school
    • permission for absence
    • name and function of the person giving the permission.
    • notary certificate of family relation or proof of guardianship, legalised by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
    • when the minor is travelling alone or only with one parent: notary certificate of permission to travel from both parents or legal guardians, legalised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and when not in China, attested by the relevant authorities in the parents'/legal guardians' country of residence.


  • For retired person: Proof of pension or other regular income.
  • For unemployed persons:
    • If married: letter of employment and income of the spouse and notary certificate of marriage, legalised by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
    • If single/divorced/widow/widower: Any other proof of regular income.


This site uses cookies. By accepting cookies you can optimise your browsing experience.

Accept Refuse More