Announcement for the acceptance of project proposals for the provision of grants28 March 2019 News
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
for the acceptance of project proposals for the provision of
grants from the Republic of Bulgaria
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria through the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in The Republic of Kosovo announces a procedure for accepting and selecting proposals for projects to be implemented with a grant within the framework of the Official Development Assistance of the Republic of Bulgaria, with an initial deadline for launching in 2020.
The priority areas and guidelines for implementing projects on the territory of the Republic of Kosovo are:
1. Increasing the quality of education and improving the school infrastructure;
2. Improving the quality of healthcare;
3. Protection of human rights and minority rights;
4. Building capacity to support security and strengthen the rule of law.
1. Objectives and scope of the projects:
• Judging for increasing access to education through improving educational infrastructure and access to education and training;
• Enhancing teacher qualifications and teaching materials for improving student results, communication capabilities and critical thinking skills;
• Improving the quality of provision of health services;
• Development of the capacity of NGOs in the field of human rights protection, minority rights and such in the field of security.
2. Target groups:
• children and students from educational institutions / schools and kindergartens,
• children from different ethnic groups;
• vulnerable categories of persons (people with disabilities, representatives of marginalized communities, etc.).
3. Expected results:
3.1. Validation of the reputation and international authority of the Republic of Bulgaria.
3.2. Improving socio-economic development and good governance leading to sustainability and inclusion in economic development;
3.3. Determine the interaction between institutions at central, regional and local level.
4. Eligible Project Budget:
4.1. Minimal amount of the project is 5 000 BGN.
4.2. Recommended maximum amount of the project is 30 000 BGN.
5. Implementation Deadlines and Duration of the Projects:
5.1. Project proposals must contain an indicative start date for the implementation of the project after March 1, 2020 and no later than November 30, 2020.
5.2. Projects must be completed no later than December 31, 2022 (the third year of the Bulgarian three-year budget forecast).
6. Eligible Candidates:
- Primary and secondary budget spenders - legal entities of Republic of Kosovo;
- International and local non-governmental organizations;
- Municipalities and their associations;
- Educational, health and social institutions;
- International humanitarian organisations;
No natural or legal person can apply for whom there are circumstances under Art. 23, para. 3-8 of Decree No. 234 of the Council of Ministers of 01.08.2011 on the policy of the Republic of Bulgaria on participation in international development cooperation.
7. Eligible Activities and Project Costs:
7.1. The Costs of Project Implementation must Meet All of the Conditions below:
- be according to the legislation
- be executed only with the necessary invoices or supporting documents, testifying the expenditures incurred;
- be within the budget limits of the project;
- not funded by any other project, program or any other financial scheme, related to the national budget, the EU budget or any other donor.
7.2. Compulsory Activities to be provided in the Project:
- providing of an audit report by an independent financial auditor;
- ensuring the visibility of the financial assistance provided, in accordance with the Guidelines for publicity and visibility of Bulgarian development aid.
7.3. Examples of activities eligible for funding:
Activities contributing to the strengthening of public institutions in Kosovo, responsible for developing and implementing national policy in the priority areas and aimed at contributing to the enhancement of their transparency, accountability and effectiveness and contributing to strengthening the development of civil society and increasing its contribution to social justice, democracy and sustainable development:
• Development of new / modernization of existing training modules;
• Organizing and conducting trainings for officials from the Kosovo administration;
• Conducting trainings on specific topics in Bulgarian institutions for the exchange of good practices and raising the qualification of the officials of the Kosovo administration;
• Organizing and conducting seminars, forums, conferences;
• Development of research and strategies.
• Activities to raise awareness of citizens' rights;
• Activities to promote multicultural dialogue and to reduce racism, xenophobia, hate speech, discrimination and intolerance in society;
• Actions to improve dialogue between non-governmental organizations and local, regional and national authorities.
Activities related to improving the quality of the infrastructure in the respective area and enhancing the potential of the sites through the supply of equipment and materials, construction works, restoration, renewal, rehabilitation, measures for preservation and improvement of adjacent buildings and infrastructure, public buildings and other complementary sites, for example:
• Supply of equipment and materials intended for state or municipal property - schools, hospitals, kindergartens, homes for elderly people, etc.
• Construction works for improvement of state or municipal property objects - schools, hospitals, kindergartens, old people's homes, etc.
8. Required Documents for Application:
An Application Form is available on the following website in Bulgarian https://www.mfa.bg/upload/37116/Формуляр%20F.doc
An Application Form is available on the following website in and English:
All parts of the application form should be filled in clearly and properly in either Bulgarian or English. In case of omissions that hinder the evaluation of the project proposal, the Embassy / Consulate General of the Republic of Bulgaria in ... may require additional information within a short period of time. Failure to provide such information within the deadline shall be considered a ground for rejecting the proposal.
9. Method and terms of acceptance of the projects:
Project proposals should be submitted electronically and applicants will fill in and send the Application Form to e-mail: [email protected] by June 28, 2019.
10. Additional Information:
Candidates shall be informed of the results of the evaluation within 10 working days of the decision of the competent authority. The Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in Republic of Kosovo has no obligation to inform candidates of the grounds for approval or refusal of the submitted project proposals.
Decree No 234 of the Council of Ministers of 01.08.2011 on the policy of the Republic of Bulgaria regarding its participation in international development cooperation (excerpts)
Article 23(3) A legal person seeking to apply for the provision of development aid must not:
1. be declared bankrupt;
2. be in liquidation proceedings or in a similar procedure under the national laws and regulations;
3. be in open insolvency proceedings or must not have entered into an out-of-court settlement with its creditors within the meaning of Article 740 of the Commerce Act, and if the applicant is a non-resident – it must not be in a similar procedure under the national laws and regulations, including if its activities are under the court's control or it has ceased its activities;
4. be disqualified from practicing a particular profession or activity under the law of the State in which the offense was committed;
5. have any monetary debts owed to the State or a municipality within the meaning of Article 162, paragraph 2 of the Tax and Social Insurance Procedure Code established by an act of a competent authority which has entered into force, unless rescheduling or deferral of the debts has been allowed, or monetary debts relating to the payment of social insurance contributions or taxes under the legal provisions of the State in which it is established;
6. have any outstanding private debts owed to the State listed in Article 3, paragraph 7 of the National Revenue Agency Act.
(4) A legal person seeking to apply for the provision of development aid must not have a member of the management body that:
1. has been convicted by a final sentence for indictable offense;
2. has not fulfilled his/her/its obligations relating to the payment of social insurance contributions or taxes in accordance with the applicable law;
3. has provided deliberately false documents when providing information requested as a condition for financing development aid activities or has not provided such information;
4. has been disqualified from practicing a particular profession or activity under the law of the State in which the offense was committed;
5. is a legal person for which any of the circumstances under paragraph 3 exist;
6. has any outstanding private debts owed to the State listed in Article 3, paragraph 7 of the National Revenue Agency Act.
(6) Where the members of the management bodies are legal persons, the requirements of paragraph 5 shall apply to their representatives in the relevant management bodies.
(7) Persons seeking to apply for the provision of development aid must not:
1. have a member of a management or supervisory body, as well as such person ad interim, including a procurator or a commercial agent who has “close links”, within the meaning of § 1, item 1 of the Supplementary Provision of the Conflict of Interest Prevention and Ascertainment Act, with the agency administering the relevant project or with senior employees in his/her organisation;
 See Annex 1