Call for Proposals. Procedure for acceptance of project proposals for grants from the Republic of Bulgaria27 April 2020 News
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria through the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in the Socialist Republic of Vietnam announces a procedure for the acceptance and selection of proposals for projects to be implemented with a grant through the Official Development Assistance of the Republic of Bulgaria, with an initial implementation period in 2021.
Priority Areas for Project Implementation on the territory of Vietnam:
- Providing for inclusive and quality education;
- Protection of the rights of children, people with disabilities and other vulnerable social groups;
- Support for empowerment of women and girls and their participation in peace and security-related processes;
- Promoting quality and healthy environment and sustainable management of natural resources.
- Objectives and Scope of the Projects:
- Creating conditions for quality and accessible education through, for example, modernizing training and teaching programs and teaching resources, encouraging the establishment of international links, introducing modern technological innovations in schools, higher education and other educational institutions in Vietnam;
- Support for vulnerable groups, such as people with disabilities or migrant women to major cities in Vietnam, etc., for acquiring professional and social skills; protection of children's rights;
- Encouraging the establishment of mechanisms and favourable conditions for equal participation of women and girls in peace and security-related processes, as well as the economic, social and cultural life; support and assistance to vulnerable groups of women and girls; improving women's access to health care and maternity health care programs;
- Technical support for the development of the administrative capacity of the healthcare sector; supporting the population in regions with high natural calamities risk; models for sustainable livelihoods in rural areas; water management, incl. with regard to international water basins; energy efficiency.
- Target Groups:
- State and local institutions in Vietnam;
- Educational institutions – higher education institutions, kindergartens, schools, day care centres, etc.;
- Healthcare institutions – hospitals, clinics;
- Non-governmental organizations contributing to the implementation and achievement of the Bulgarian Development Aid priorities and goals.
- Strengthening the reputation and international role and image of the Republic of Bulgaria, expanding the opportunities for transfer of expertise between Bulgaria and Vietnam in the context of our past experience and the relations of traditional friendship and cooperation;
- Strengthening the principles of good governance to achieve sustainable and inclusive economic development;
- Increasing prosperity through the creation of significant public infrastructure in the field of education and healthcare;
- Adoption and implementation of good practices and European standards in the fields of empowerment of women, modern education and protection of the rights of children, people with disabilities and other vulnerable social groups.
- Eligible Project Budget:
4.1. Minimal amount of the project is 5 000 BGN.
4.2. Recommended maximum amount of the project is:
- for projects with main purpose to deliver goods and /or services - up to 70 000 BGN;
- for projects with main purpose to carry out repairs and /or construction activities - up to 270 000
4.3. Co-financing of project activities provided by the applicant will be considered an advantage in the evaluation, selection and approval of the projects.
- Implementation Deadlines and Duration of the Projects:
5.1. Project proposals must contain an indicative start date for the implementation of the project after 1 March 2021 and no later than 30 November 2021.
5.2. Projects must be completed no later than 31 December 2023.
- Eligible Candidates:
- Primary and secondary budget spenders – Vietnamese legal entities;
- International and local non-governmental organizations;
- Municipalities and their associations;
- Educational, health and social institutions;
- International humanitarian organisations.
No natural or legal person can apply for whom there are circumstances under Art. 23, para. 3-8 of Decree No. 234 of the Council of Ministers of 01.08.2011 on the policy of the Republic of Bulgaria on participation in international development cooperation.
- Eligible Activities and Project Costs:
7.1. The costs of project implementation must meet all of the conditions below:
- be lawful and comply with the principles of responsibility, economy, efficiency, effectiveness and transparency;
- be executed only against the necessary supporting documents - invoices or other documents of equivalent probative value, testifying the expenditures incurred;
- be within the budget limits of the project;
- not be funded by another project, program or any other financial scheme, related to or originating from the national budget, the EU budget or any other donor.
7.2. Compulsory Activities to be provided in the Project:
- provision of an audit report issued by an independent financial auditor;
- activities to ensure publicity and visibility of the financial assistance provided, in accordance with the Publicity and Visibility Guidelines of the Bulgarian Development Aid, worth 3 to 5% of the total project value, but not exceeding 5 000 BGN.
7.3. Examples of Activities Eligible for Funding:
- Development of new/modernization of existing training modules and development of teaching resources and materials;
- Organising and conducting of trainings for civil servants;
- Conducting trainings on specific topics ат Bulgarian and local institutions with the aim to exchange best practices and enhance the skills of the civil servants, or employees at other legal entities, registered under the national law;
- Organisation and conducting of seminars, forums, conferences;
- Development of research activities and strategies;
- Activities to promote the sustainable management of natural resources;
- Activities improving the dialogue between the non-governmental organizations and the local, regional and national authorities;
- Procurement of equipment and materials for higher education institutions, schools, kindergartens, hospitals, centres for children with disabilities, etc.;
- Construction and repair works for improvement of schools, hospitals, kindergartens, social centres and homes, etc.
- Required Documents for Application:
All parts of the application form should be duly completed in Bulgarian and / or English. In case of any deficiencies that hinder the evaluation of the project proposal, the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in the Socialist Republic of Vietnam may require additional information within a short period of time. Failure to provide such information within the deadline shall be considered a ground for rejection of the proposal.
- Method and Deadlines for Projects Applications:
Project proposals with accompanying documentation should be sent not later than 10 July 2020, as follows:
- Via email to [email protected]
- By post: Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in Hanoi, № 5, Ngo 294, Kim Ma Street, Ba Dinh, Hanoi.
- Additional Information:
Applicants shall be informed of the results of the procedure for evaluation, selection and approval of the project proposals within 14 working days of the completion of the individual stages of the procedure. The Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in the Socialist Republic of Vietnam has no obligation to inform applicants about the grounds for approval or rejection of the submitted project proposals.
Decree No 234 of the Council of Ministers of 01.08.2011 on the policy of the Republic of Bulgaria regarding its participation in international development cooperation (excerpts)
Article 23(3) A legal person seeking to apply for the provision of development aid must not:
- be declared bankrupt;
- be in liquidation proceedings or in a similar procedure under the national laws and regulations;
- be in open insolvency proceedings or must not have entered into an out-of-court settlement with its creditors within the meaning of Article 740 of the Commerce Act, and if the applicant is a non-resident – it must not be in a similar procedure under the national laws and regulations, including if its activities are under the court's control or it has ceased its activities;
- be disqualified from practicing a particular profession or activity under the law of the State in which the offense was committed;
- have any monetary debts owed to the State or a municipality within the meaning of Article 162, paragraph 2 of the Tax and Social Insurance Procedure Code established by an act of a competent authority which has entered into force, unless rescheduling or deferral of the debts has been allowed, or monetary debts relating to the payment of social insurance contributions or taxes under the legal provisions of the State in which it is established;
- have any outstanding private debts owed to the State listed in Article 3, paragraph 7 of the National Revenue Agency Act.
(4) A legal person seeking to apply for the provision of development aid must not have a member of the management body that:
- has been convicted by a final sentence for indictable offense;
- has not fulfilled his/her/its obligations relating to the payment of social insurance contributions or taxes in accordance with the applicable law;
- has provided deliberately false documents when providing information requested as a condition for financing development aid activities or has not provided such information;
- has been disqualified from practicing a particular profession or activity under the law of the State in which the offense was committed;
- is a legal person for which any of the circumstances under paragraph 3 exist;
- has any outstanding private debts owed to the State listed in Article 3, paragraph 7 of the National Revenue Agency Act.
(6) Where the members of the management bodies are legal persons, the requirements of paragraph 5 shall apply to their representatives in the relevant management bodies.
(7) Persons seeking to apply for the provision of development aid must not:
- have a member of a management or supervisory body, as well as such person ad interim, including a procurator or a commercial agent who has “close links”, within the meaning of § 1, item 1 of the Supplementary Provision of the Conflict of Interest Prevention and Ascertainment Act, with the agency administering the relevant project or with senior employees in his/her organisation;
- have entered into a contract with a person under Article 21 or 22 of the Conflict of Interest Prevention and Ascertainment Act.
 See Annex 1