The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria announces call for proposals for Vietnam17 May 2019 News
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria through the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in the Socialist Republic of Vietnam announces a procedure for accepting and selecting proposals for projects to be implemented with a grant within the framework of the Official Development Assistance of the Republic of Bulgaria, with an initial deadline for launching in 2020.
The Priority Areas and Directions for Implementing Projects on the Territory of Vietnam are:
- Gender Equality and empowerment of women
- Support for quality and inclusive education; improving access to quality education;
- Promoting cultural diversity.
1. Objectives and Scope of the Projects:
- Creating conditions for quality and accessible education through, for example, modernizing training and teaching programs and teaching resources, encouraging the establishment of international links, introducing modern technological innovations in schools, higher education and other educational institutions in Vietnam;
- Encouraging the establishment of mechanisms and favourable conditions for equal participation of women and girls in the economic, social and cultural life; support and assistance to vulnerable groups of women and girls; improving women's access to health care and maternity health care programs;
- Technical support for the development of the administrative capacity of the cultural sector, promotion of cultural connectivity to develop the local cultural potential and the use of culture and cultural heritage as a strategic resource for sustainable development.
2. Target Groups:
- State and local institutions in Vietnam;
- Educational institutions – higher education institutions, kindergartens, schools, day care centers, etc.;
- Non-governmental organizations contributing to the implementation and achievement of the Bulgarian Development Aid priorities and goals.
- Strengthening the reputation and international role and image of the Republic of Bulgaria, expanding the opportunities for transfer of expertise between the Republic of Bulgaria and SR Vietnam in the context of our past experience and the relations of traditional friendship and cooperation;
- Strengthening the principles of good governance to achieve sustainable and inclusive economic development;
- Increasing prosperity through the creation of significant public infrastructure;
- Conservation of cultural diversity;
- Adoption and implementation of good practices and European standards in the fields of empowerment of women and modern education.
4. Eligible Project Budget:
4.1. Minimal ammount of the project is 5 000 BGN.
4.2. Recommended maximum ammount of the poject is:
· for projects with main purpose to deliver goods and /or services - up to 70 000 BGN;
· for projects with main purpose to carry out repairs and /or construction activities - up to 270 000 BGN.
5. Implementation Deadlines and Duration of the Projects:
5.1. Project proposals must contain an indicative start date for the implementation of the project after March 1, 2020 and no later than November 30, 2020.
5.2. Projects must be completed no later than December 31, 2022 (the third year of the Bulgarian three-year budget forecast).
6. Eligible Candidates:
- Primary and secondary budget spenders – Vietnamese legal entities;
- International and local non-governmental organizations;
- Municipalities and their associations;
- Educational, health and social institutions;
- International humanitarian organisations.
No natural or legal person can apply for whom there are circumstances under Art. 23, para. 3-8 of Decree No. 234 of the Council of Ministers of 01.08.2011 on the policy of the Republic of Bulgaria on participation in international development cooperation.
7. Eligible Activities and Project Costs:
7.1. The Costs of Project Implementation must Meet All of the Conditions below:
- be permissible under the law;
- be financially accountable and executed with the due financial diligence, only with official tax invoices and other supporting financial documents of equivalent value, testifying to the expenditures incurred;
- be within the budget limits of the project;
- not funded by any other project, program or any other financial scheme, related to the national budget, the EU budget or any other donor.
7.2. Compulsory activities to be provided under the project:
- providing of an audit report by an independent financial auditor;
- ensuring the visibility of the financial aid provided, in accordance with the Guidelines for publicity and visibility of Bulgarian Development Aid.
7.3. Examples of Activities Eligible for Funding:
- Development of new/modernization of existing training modules and development of teaching resources and materials;
- Organizimg and conducting of trainings for civil servants;
- Conducting trainings on specific topics in Bulgarian and local institutions with the aim to exchange best practices and enhance the skills of the civil servants, or employees at other legal entities, registered under the national law;
- Organization and conducting of seminars, forums, conferences;
- Development of research activities and strategies;
- Activities promoting multicultural dialogue;
- Activities improving the dialogue between the non-governmental organizations and the local, regional and national authorities;
- Supply of equipment and materials for higher education institutions, schools, kindergartens, centers for children with disabilities, etc.;
- Construction and repair works for improvement of schools, hospitals, kindergartens, social centers and homes, etc.
8. Required Documents for Application:
An Application Form is available on the following website in Bulgarian and English: https://www.mfa.bg/upload/37116/Формуляр%20F.doc,
All parts of the application form should be filled in clearly and properly in either Bulgarian or English language. In case of omissions that hinder the evaluation of the project proposal, the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in Vietnam may require additional information within a short period of time. Failure to provide such information within the deadline shall be considered a ground for rejecting the proposal.
9. Method and Deadlines for Projects Applications:
Project proposals with accompanying documentation should be sent not later than 28 June 2019, as follows:
- Via email to [email protected]
- On postal way to: Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in Hanoi, № 5, Ngo 294, Kim Ma Street, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
10. Additional Information:
Candidates shall be informed of the results of the evaluation within 10 working days of the decision of the competent authority. The Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in Hanoi has no obligation to inform candidates of the grounds for approval or refusal of the submitted project proposals.
Decree No 234 of the Council of Ministers of 01.08.2011 on the policy of the Republic of Bulgaria regarding its participation in international development cooperation (excerpts)
Article 23(3) A legal person seeking to apply for the provision of development aid must not:
1. be declared bankrupt;
2. be in liquidation proceedings or in a similar procedure under the national laws and regulations;
3. be in open insolvency proceedings or must not have entered into an out-of-court settlement with its creditors within the meaning of Article 740 of the Commerce Act, and if the applicant is a non-resident – it must not be in a similar procedure under the national laws and regulations, including if its activities are under the court's control or it has ceased its activities;
4. be disqualified from practicing a particular profession or activity under the law of the State in which the offense was committed;
5. have any monetary debts owed to the State or a municipality within the meaning of Article 162, paragraph 2 of the Tax and Social Insurance Procedure Code established by an act of a competent authority which has entered into force, unless rescheduling or deferral of the debts has been allowed, or monetary debts relating to the payment of social insurance contributions or taxes under the legal provisions of the State in which it is established;
6. have any outstanding private debts owed to the State listed in Article 3, paragraph 7 of the National Revenue Agency Act.
(4) A legal person seeking to apply for the provision of development aid must not have a member of the management body that:
1. has been convicted by a final sentence for indictable offense;
2. has not fulfilled his/her/its obligations relating to the payment of social insurance contributions or taxes in accordance with the applicable law;
3. has provided deliberately false documents when providing information requested as a condition for financing development aid activities or has not provided such information;
4. has been disqualified from practicing a particular profession or activity under the law of the State in which the offense was committed;
5. is a legal person for which any of the circumstances under paragraph 3 exist;
6. has any outstanding private debts owed to the State listed in Article 3, paragraph 7 of the National Revenue Agency Act.
(6) Where the members of the management bodies are legal persons, the requirements of paragraph 5 shall apply to their representatives in the relevant management bodies.
(7) Persons seeking to apply for the provision of development aid must not:
1. have a member of a management or supervisory body, as well as such person ad interim, including a procurator or a commercial agent who has “close links”, within the meaning of § 1, item 1 of the Supplementary Provision of the Conflict of Interest Prevention and Ascertainment Act, with the agency administering the relevant project or with senior employees in his/her organisation;