PRESS Centre Directorate
The PC Directorate assists the media in reporting on the work of the MFA by informing journalists of forthcoming events and their media format, provides them with information materials on different topics, organises interviews and media events for the Minister, deputy ministers and other ministry representatives.
PRESS CENTRE Directorate:
- organises press conferences of the Minister of Foreign Affairs and the deputy ministers as well as of officials visiting the MFA;
- provides the media with information materials;
- organises interviews and events for the minister and the deputy ministers;
- accredits Bulgarian and foreign journalists and ensures their access to media events at the MFA;
- maintains the electronic web page of the MFA;
- draws up and coordinates strategic and programme documents on the Republic of Bulgaria Communications Strategy for the EU;
- draws up an annual Work Programme on the Communications Strategy of the Republic of Bulgaria for the EU in an International Plan;
- coordinates and supports the work of the Bulgarian diplomatic and consular missions on implementing initiatives under the Communications Strategy;
assists the Minister of Foreign Affairs in the organisation and direction of the European Communications Council and in the work to promote at home and abroad the positive image of Bulgaria as an EU member.
A priority task in the work of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria is to render assistance to Bulgarian citizens abroad. The new risks related to political instability, terrorism, organised crime, natural disasters, epidemics, industrial disasters, etc., which affect a large number of Bulgarian citizens who have found themselves in an emergency abroad and which has consular consequences, require the rendering of specialised assistance. For this purpose in March 2010 the MFA of the Republic of Bulgaria established an Situation Centre. Depending on the nature of the emergency the MFA coordinates the efforts to help Bulgarian citizens with the different ministries and departments as well as with our EU and NATO partners.
Press Centre Directorate
Phone: +359 2 948 22 18, +359 2 971 14 08, +359 2 971 37 78
Fax: +359 2 948 30 74
е-mail: [email protected]